Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ruby and Rails

I'm installing the Ruby platform for doing web work, called "Rails". I've already done this on an old CentOS box at home, but I never spent much time working with it... Now that I have Ruby installing on my MacBook (which I spend all my time on) I will soon be playing with it. Ruby sure has garnered a lot of praise from people. It seems to have really developed a cult following. I don't think 'cult' is proper, as it's more like a group who is busily evangelizing their love of Ruby.

The group seems to be a more arty type. By this I mean not so black and white joe programmer. They appear to have lotsa time to be teaching Ruby, which is a good thing. It definitely helps out the language that people are excited about it. There are some real good tutorials too. One in particular is totally original:

Why's (Poignant) guide to ruby

Check this out, believe me it is interesting. I'll post soon on how the Ruby is going.

No comments: