Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Working

Lot's of work with Servicemix... I have checked out the newest SNAPSHOT release and built it, deploying all the project artifacts into my companies Maven snapshot repository. I'm trying now to get all the conifguration I had for Smix before into tidy little service assemblies (SA's). These are kinda like .ear files, in that they contain service units (SU's) which are sorta like a .war. The whole service assembly idea is from the JBI specification, which Smix implements.

I'm working mostly now on learning to develop for JBI and Servicemix. The newest snapshot release has reworked examples which show how to use the maven-jbi-plugin to easily create and deploy JBI components (shared libs/binding components/service engines/service assemblies). I am posting a little Smix developer roadmap over on the Smix site; follow this link.

...also on the board is getting CVS managed projects into Subversion. Our SVN repository is now up and ready to go. We got the cvs2svn tool installed, which will allow for migrating one project at a time from CVS to SVN. The benefit in doing this is all historical information for the CVS managed project will be translated into SVN. Very nice!

With Subversion up and running I hope to soon get Continuum installed on our development server. It is a continuos integration server which works very well with Maven 2. It also works with plain old Ant, or Maven 1. Another thing on the board is getting a nice front end to our Subversion repository. I looked at fisheye, it is pretty nice but costs a bit of dough to use. I passed it up to my boss. If he is impressed then maybe we will end up writing the check

No comments: