Thursday, August 09, 2007

Spaghetti

Man movie making has becoming way too generic. I am watching "High Plains Drifter" a movie that I would say is unmatched by anything from the past 5 years. Man I mean the whole deal. From the freaky high pitched music to the guesswork pertaining to the main characters intentions. And everyone in town is dirty, even the priest! The deal with this movie is that it doesn't cater to pop culture. I feel movies these days tie in references to events, products, people and such just to give the viewer the "satisfaction" of familiarity. Like the Apple dude in the new Die Hard movie as a computer "nerd". Or Will Ferrell showing up in way too many movies even though he is (kinda like Adam Sandler wore out his welcome...).

I think people have become trained to enjoy simplistic movies. TV too. I mean fuck, look at all those lame ass reality television shows. It's cool to be formulated. All the cool kids are doing it.

No comments: